[AJD] 530 Transmission

JDNut at aol.com JDNut at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 06:57:03 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/21/05 5:42:13 PM, kenejons61 at yahoo.com writes:

<< I could use some expert advise.  In putting the transmission in my 530
back togeter I am replacing all of the bearings and races. One race is giving me
some problems and thought that you guys may have a quick and easy solution.
On the sliding shaft, there is a race on the end of the shaft that fits into
the bearing in the transmission drive gear. The race has a beveled shoulder so I
cannot get a puller to grab onto the race. In a second effort, I heated the
race and attempted to drive it off the shaft but that didn't work either.  Any
suggestions ?   Can I weld on the race without messing up the splined shaft??

Thanks

Ken Jones >>

Ken,
If it is the bearing that I am thinking of...having done two 50s and a 530, I
think this is a press off, press on situation.  I had some hardware that I
could make into a press for the situation.  I doubt pullers would have ever
worked.  It came off hard all three times.  Good luck, John