[AT] AR carburetor

OldIron oldiron at charter.net
Mon Feb 21 17:32:19 PST 2005

Ralph,
Make sure the pressure relief or vent hole is open or drill a new one. If you examine the
float very closely you may find a spot of solder that is out of place or in a non seam
area. This is the vent hole. The hole needs to be very small, size of a stick pin you find
in a shirt. A vent hole must be open.

After you solder up the bad spots, and then look it over very close for cracks in the
solder job. More than likely you will not find any because the float in not sucking the
solder in or blowing it out. Heat at this time doesn't matter because the air in side will
escape through the small hold

Then with the float is at room temperature very quickly solder the little hole shut being
very careful not to get the float too hot again during the hole plugging.

Also follow the advice of Wayne to continue.

Myron Busch
Northfield Mn