[AJD] Steering Gear Oil Leak

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Feb 21 18:49:13 PST 2005

Cal:

The cover is on the tractor!  :-).  Are you sure you are not overfilling?

A suggestion:

1.) Check and correct the flatness and cleanliness of each shim and the
casting mating surfaces
2.) Completely clean each shim, dry, flatten if necessary, then add gasket
shellac (sealer) to both sides of each shim and the clean mating casting
surfaces and then reassemble.
3.) Torque the bolts to spec.

Hope this helps.

Dean A. Van Peursem