[AT] AR carburetor

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Mon Feb 21 13:49:54 PST 2005

Ralph: I have had some sucess with soldering carb float splits. I first
position the carb on a holder of your making so that the split is down
and then put it into a hot oven and let it get hot-mainly to get all the
liquid out of it as the air expands inside and then so it will be hot
when I solder it. Use a very good soldering iron - mine is a variable
temp and I set it towards the top of the range. I clean the float before
all of this so I can get right to the soldering. Getting it hot seems to
help me get a better flow of solder because the float is not heating and
expanding as I solder. Maybe my imagination but works best for me. Tin
the tip before starting.
Wayne