[AT] AR carburetor

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 21 10:02:18 PST 2005

Just a brief update on my continuing carburetor adventures. We've had the JD
AR carb dismantled and soaking in the cleaner for a while now and it appears
that there is a very slight crack in the float. It was empty on disassembly
but seemed to have absorbed some of the cleaning fluid while soaking. There
appears to be a fine crack in the metal right near the hinge attchment
point.
I'm hoping that soldering might be a cure for this but haven't attempted it
yet. On checking with the JD dealer I find that new floats are available at
a cost of $42.75. Not exactly cheap are they? But its good to know that a
new one is available in case we destroy the old one in the process of trying
to solder it.
This carb is the Schebler DLTX71 as found on the later model AR tractors.
And thanks again to those of you that sent me the parts diagram for this
carburetor. It was a big help.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/