[AJD] Muffler Question

Bus Driver mpmbd at yadtel.net
Sun Feb 20 14:24:34 PST 2005

I have never seen a separate pipe for the 40 or M. The lower end is tapered
to fit a taper in the manifold. Two bolts through a flange below the muffler
draw it down into the taper.  After all these years, the manifold may be
severely eroded. I use muffler cement on the taper and just tighten the
bolts. Should be good for another 20 years if stored in the "dry".