[Ford-ferguson] 3pt counterweight

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 19 21:16:17 PST 2005

I made a rear counterweight to make steering my ford 660 with 1 arm loader a
bit easier. I figure it comes out to right at 600# plus I have a couple 50#
suitcase weights to throw on top of it.

I tried it out today and it made the steering much much easier... I should
have made this the first day I got the tractor.

This was my first try so I made it cheap and idiot proof. I used about a 4
bushel feed tub that had come with cattle 'protien lick' and a surplus
drawbar, and a couple long carriage bolts, and a ford stabilizer bar. I
bolted the drawbar to the bottom of the empty bucket with some long carriage
bolts, leaving about 5" of carriage bolt up in the bucket. This way, if I
ditch the weight I can just pull a few nuts and get my drawbar back. The
stabilizer bar was cut in half and spaced to hold a toplink,

I have 2 wood blocks this sets on for when removing it from the tractor, as
in it's current position, the weight can not be lowered all the way to the
ground. Total cost for the 6 bags of cement, bolts and stabilizer bar was
35$. Tub was leftover from the feed suppliment.. and drawbar was an old one
I had.

http://www.tractorshed.com/gallery/iphotos/i2442.jpg

Soundguy