[AT] OT Battery Chargers

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Feb 17 09:33:11 PST 2005

I bought one of the larger models at Wal-Mart last year, and I have to
say that I am not overly enthused about its performance. Unless I am
doing something wrong, the "computer" doesn't seem to be able to
understand the difference between a 6 volt and a 12 volt battery, nor
does it seem to know what to do with a completely flat battery or either
voltage - contrary to what was written on the outside carton. It also
will not overcharge a battery, once it is finished. It seems to do well
enough with normal 12 volt batteries that just need a charge, but I
didn't spend $100 to get just an ordinary battery charger.

Maybe I will read the directions again...

As far as what a particular Wal-Mart store has at any point in time, you
can go to Wal-Mart's website and find out what is available, where, and
at what price. And you can even order on-line for direct ship to your
home, if you local store doesn't have what you are looking for. Of
course, you will have to add shipping charges to what you would pay for
just picking the item up locally. On the other hand, their prices are
often lower than anyone else's, do you come out even.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

If it is committed in the name of God or country, there is no crime so
heinous that the public will not forgive it. -Tom Robbins, writer (1936- )