[AT] Roaring 60's OFF topic but hitting home

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Thu Feb 17 07:30:27 PST 2005

I  know these things load up the bandwidth but this is for most us "more
mature" folks. My niece sent this to me and the next time I see her I
want an explanation!
Wayne

Some of the artists of the '60s  are revising their hits with new lyrics to
accommodate us aging baby boomers.   They include:

Hermann's Hermits: "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker"

The Bee Gees: "How Can You Mend a Broken Hip?"

Bobby  Darin: "Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash"

Ringo Starr: "I Get By With a Little Help from Depends"

Roberta Flack: "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face"

Johnny Nash: "I Can't See Clearly Now"

Paul Simon: "Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver"

Commodores: "Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom"

Marvin  Gaye: "I Heard it Through the GrapeNuts"

Procol Harem: "A Whiter Shade of Hair"

Leo Sayer: "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"

The Temptations: "Papa's Got a Kidney Stone"

Abba: "Denture Queen"

Tony Orlando: "Knock Three Times on the Ceiling if You Hear Me Fall"

Helen Reddy: "I am Woman, Hear Me Snore"

Leslie Gore: "It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want To"

Willie  Nelson: "On the Throne Again"