[AT] tractor funeral

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Feb 15 16:15:47 PST 2005

I have a friend who's father was a die hard Ford man.  He was one of those
guys who would say things like "I'd rather walk down the road toting a Ford
hubcap than ride in a Chevy".  His children were almost as bad (or good
depending on how you see it).  When he died the family was terribly upset
because they came for dad in a Cadillac hearse.   They just knew their dad
wouldn't rest peacefully if he knew his last ride was in a Caddy but it was
too late to make a change and the Caddy took him away.  Shortly after the
funeral the brother told the sister (my friend) that she had to make him a
promise.  She had to promise him that if he died first that she would have
him taken to the cemetary in the bed of a Ford pickup.  She told him she
would.

Charlie