[AT] Idiot Alarm

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Feb 15 14:56:34 PST 2005

On 2/15/2005 at 3:42 PM dglass wrote:
>Spencer, how does this differ from the one you can get at Walmart for
>$1.25?

Not sold by Walmart (-;

Seriously,  I never found any locally, much less for $1.25.  I did find
them on the Internet for $15, but I didn't like most of them as they were
fuse or relay based, or used more than one accessory (Battery Guard brand
is most notable) which won't work without hooking up at least two
accessories, etc, ad naseum.  Since our old equipment doesn't use blade
style fuses or relays, and often don't have any other accessories, these
didn't seem right  (though there are work arounds for all of these
problems).

Cost was cheaper than $15.95+ shipping too.  Plus, I needed a something to
keep my electronics skills from totally atrophying without getting into a
huge project.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!