[AT] 1955 farm equipment films

Vaughn Miller VMiller at messiah.edu
Tue Feb 15 05:30:31 PST 2005

Ag Progress days is still held for three days in August.

Vaughn

>>> mummert at flatwoodplantation.com 2/14/05 10:44:59 PM >>>
Bob,

Since you mention that they show the PSU Ag campus, could it be that this
was filmed during Ag Progress Days that the University puts on (or used
to)
every fall?  I don't know if Ag Progress Days went back that far, but I
used
to hook off school and tag along with my dad just about every year as a
kid
through the 70's & early 80's.

Mike Mummert

P.S.  I'd be interested in a DVD version too.  :)

At 05:09 PM 2/13/05, you wrote:
>Hi All --
>
>This is a fishing expedition of sorts.
>
>I recently acquired a mass of 16 mm film footage of farm equipment, shot
>back in
>1955. It's all from middle Pennsylvania, in color, silent, and in very
good
>detail. Plowing, harrowing, planting, forage harvesting, manure
spreading,
>hay-making, etc., etc., etc. Mostly Minneapolis-Moline tractors, but some
John
>Deere, some Farmall. Also some footage of the Penn State ag campus, which
was
>celebrating its centennial in 1955. Cattle, silos, and stuff like that.
>
>A professor friend at the college where I work put it up on an editing
machine
>to view it with me, and he says the condition is fine. Glorious
Kodachrome