[AJD] Dust shields-Deere has H773R, is # correct?

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sun Feb 13 19:51:52 PST 2005

Just my two cents.  I have notice sometimes when Deere made a very minor
change to a part and/or there is a very minor difference on a part, so
it can fit different models, Deere naturally changed the part number.
Sometimes you are hard pressed to see the difference.  This isn't an
everyday occurrence, but I have seen it.

On the other hand they revise a part and keep the same part #, i.e.
steering wheels.  It is a nightmare with them.  Someone calls me and
needs an AA380R. This is a steering wheel, I need to find out what year
and model of tractor it goes on.  AA380R is the number assigned to many
models, as far as steering wheels go.  The steering wheels are all
different configurations between the models.  So, I guess when Deere
sold a replacement steering wheel, it was on size fits all. Unless they
had a way of differentiating between the different models.  Any thoughts
Greg?

Lou