[AJD] Dust shields-Deere has H773R, is # correct?

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Feb 13 16:58:39 PST 2005

Gary:

I'll throw in my two cents worth but I too will be interested in Greg's
response. In my limited trainee experience of 6 years, not 27 1/2 like
Gregs, I have found that the part number doesn't change just because it is
used on several different model tractors. For example B parts on A's and A
parts on B's. A quick scan of the various Parts Catalogs kind of indicates
that. How JD decided which leading alpha character on a particular part
would be interesting to know. My guess would be, whichever design team got
to that particular part first. Probably certain parts got delegated to
certain development teams to be used on multiple models. Commonality of
parts would be very desirable for higher volume parts resulting in lower
piece part cost.

I can think of a common part used on all the early styled A's, B's and G's.
That is the Cast seat channel bracket (Seat Support Body) part number (A 60
R) that mounts through the foot platform to the main case. That is just one
example of many.

Now on assemblies, I could see where common parts might be used but one of
the sub parts changed, then I would expect JD would try to assign an
assembly number that was associated with a given model tractor. Can't think
of a specific example right now.   I'm sure there are some. But assembly
numbers starting with AA, AB & AF come to mind.

Looking forward to hearing from the knows all, ends all on this subject.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com