[AJD] Some new info on 800 series hitch Mast brackets

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Feb 11 22:18:13 PST 2005

In my continuing effort to learn and share info on the 800 Series hitches,
without profit motives I might add, I have taken some pictures of the wide
variety of Mast Brackets that JD offered at one time. At the Gathering of
the Green I was aware of only 14 different versions. I have since learned of
two more. There are probably even more and the discovery is really the fun
part.

I then decided to take on the objective of trying to obtain at least one
each of the 16 known versions. For two reasons:

1.) I had not seen originals of most of them, ever.
2.) I thought it would be educational for others to become aware of what
they were and really looked like.

Well, to date I have been successful in capturing 11 of the 16 with the 12th
to arrive tomorrow. It has been an interesting endeavor and very rewarding.
What has really caught me by surprise is the fact that over half of them,
that I was able to capture, are NOS. Never been used. Didn't expect that at
all. Sometimes luck is present. Just finding at least one in any condition
was the target.

Here is the link to the pictures I took of the 11 of 16 in one setting and
the individual Brackets by part number.

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/hitches/jd/800_series-1/mast_brackets/

Enjoy!

Dean A. Van Peursem