[AT] John Deere A (was)Firing order for AC C

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Thu Feb 10 09:15:23 PST 2005

On 10 Feb 2005 at 6:27, John Boehm wrote:

> It sure does get more confusing. There only two
> possible combos for my Deeres, if it doesnt work the
> first way, just reverse the plug wires! Thanks to all
> for the help.
>
> John Boehm

	I can't ever remember if the firing order on my 1948 Deere A is 1-2  1-2 or if it is 2-1
 2-1...  ;-)   Come to think of it I don't even recall which side is #1.
	I have it sitting by the shop to change both rear tires as even though they have about
90% tread they are absolutely falling apart. They are quite old and I pulled them from a
E-3 Co-op I bought cheap that was used in a woods. The PO had back flipped it pulling a
log which snagged on a stump. I get the feeling from the way the tires are failing that
the fellow may have hit a lot of stumps with them. I have another old set to put on it
but they are about like the set of "turf tires"   :-)   that George Willer gave me some
years ago to put on my MM-R (those are still good [thanks George]) and they only have
about 1/2" lugs. I have put off changing them hoping that I would run across a super
bargain at a sale on a solid set with more tread. I would like to be able to plow a
little (garden etc.) with it and pull wagons and such.
	The rear axle outer bearing are quite loose on it and I really need to pull the rear
hydraulic section and either tighten them up or replace them. I just have too many things
to clean up first though. Maybe this summer for the Deere. It has enough HP to be quite
useful.

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net