[AT] Pulling a sheepsfoot with a Ford 8n

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Thu Feb 10 10:03:06 PST 2005

Chuck,
	I see some have raised the stopping issue.  That is the only problem
you would have if that is even a problem.  You should not be going very
fast and two tons isn't much weight.  Inertia would be the only problem.
  I have no idea what that 8N weighs.  I have a 2N but have never
weighed it.  I do use it to pull my airplane.  It weighs close to 4000
lbs and I have no problems moving or stopping it.  I am never out of low
or reverse, though.  Remember, this is a farm tractor.  They regularly
pull wagons of grain, etc.  I am sure 4000 lbs is a moderate load.
Heck, a hundred bushels of shelled corn is 5600 lbs and that doesn't
include the weight of the wagon and is not a very big load either.  Just
take it easy.

Ron Cook,
Salix, IA
ps: If Cecil would just give me that 420C I would run it down to you and
let you use that.