[Steam-engine] Winter reading

Paul Ward psward at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 20:02:01 PST 2005

Hi Beth,

The winter has been brutal here in Ohio.  We've had power go out for over 72
hours twice.  As luck would have it, I have a gas powered arc welder that
doubles for a generator and I can now safely back feed my switchbox for the
house.  (Yes I remembered to turn the main off).  Fortunately, we have city
gas and water so we had hot water and toilets.  I can run the furnace fan,
fridge, several lights, and the coffee maker at the same time without a
problem. (Yes coffee is a priority here.)    It's amazing what a 100' 10
gauge extension cord will handle but they ain't cheap!

I'm trying to convince Renee that we need to get a whole house generator
with the natural gas conversion kit and automatic transfer switch.   She's
not quite convinced yet but the winter is over yet.

Good.  I'm glad to here that E&E still lives.

How much of the information in the UK magazines can be applied to the US
engines?  I thought they carried much higher pressure.

Paul Ward
psward at neo.rr.com