[AT] Cats and Moth Balls

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Wed Feb 9 13:38:05 PST 2005

>>       I've heard that putting moth balls in a flowerbed will
>>deter cats from
>>using it
>>       for a potty.......any truth to this ???    Is this
>>permissible ??
>>
>>       Ted Harper

I've always heard that but can't try it due to always having a dog, too. I
have a cheap little fence charger and a spool of fence wire. I can rig it up
around the flower beds pretty easily. Rebar stakes, electrical tape around
the rebar, and run the wire about chest height for the cat. Usually after a
week or so you can remove the charger.

Right now I have the charger set up on a huge potted plant in the house with
two pieces of galvanized hardware cloth lying across the pot attached to the
leads. The cats give the pot plenty of room now when they walk by.

Warren