[AT] Just another day at the office? (OT)

Rick Cook cookrick at istar.ca
Tue Feb 8 19:55:21 PST 2005

This is probably a stupid question, but being an insulin dependant
diabetic, and having already experienced ketosis more often than I would
like, the absolute last thing I would want to put in my stomach is more
sugar.  I understand that the condition is brought on by the body's
cells not receiving enough sugar initially and then cannibalizing its
own protein cells for energy leading to the production of ketones and
the worst heartburn you can imagine.