[AT] update on my allis 'g'

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 7 17:32:41 PST 2005

Well, I got off work a bit early today and decided to spend some time with
my Allis G.
I degreased it.. boy what a task...

I've got the front up on jackstands and buffed as much paint as I can off.
I primed everything forward of the steering wheel on saturday and sunday.
Today, i shot a couple coats of persian orange on it.  Gosh.. it looks
great.  I cad painted the front rims.

When i get more time off ( wednesday? afternoon ) I'll reinstall the front
rubber and jack up the rear and prime it.  Then disassemble the rims and
centers and get them ready for paint.  Hood and cowling were already primed.
I need to do some body work ont he fenders, as well as alotta buffing and
perhaps some brazing or welding on the battery box.  At a minimum.. it needs
help with corosion on the box floor.

It's looking more like a tractor now than a dune buggy now that it has some
sheet metal!

Soundguy