[AJD] Belt Dressing

Terry L. Hrdlicka th01209 at alltel.net
Sun Feb 6 18:01:14 PST 2005

Dave,

I've used my '50 A to run my Letz 210A mill.  I had to hook up to the
other side and cross the belt to keep it from slipping and sliding off.
Bad part is, it scares the heck out of me, cause the 210 I have has a
huge, heavy flywheel on it, and even with the A idled down as slow as it
will run, it really gets that thing spinning, and if something does go
wrong, there's no quick stopping of the mill once it's up to speed.
I've ground about 1000 lbs of corn for chicken feed with the 210 belted
to one of the rear wheels of my lawn tractor!  I can control the speed
better, and fill the hopper to the top with no problem.  Gives folks
something to talk about, too! :)

As for the belt dressing, I have used some stuff in an orange spray can
(can't remember the name), that I got from O'Reiley's and it was O.K. if
you spread it out good on the belt and let it run a while before loading
up the grinder.  I think the old reliable "Pulls-Mor" or whatever it was
called is still around, but not sure.  If you've got a "GOOD" NAPA store
around, see what they've got.

Loved the pics.

Good luck,

Terry