[Farmall] Seals and Gaskets

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 6 03:27:14 PST 2005

I always use a socket to install seals. For me its easier to keep it
straight than with a piece of wood. Of course if you are using a 3/4 drive
socket you may wind up using a 2lb hammer to have one with a big enough face
to cover the socket. Most seals should go in with a firm tapping. I've never
run across one I really had to hit hard. I tend to check to see if it is
going straight rather often, especially on large dia. seals. No harm in
hitting the high side direct with a hammer to straighten one back up.

John Hall