[AT] Chain grades

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Sat Feb 5 18:21:35 PST 2005

I was shown a picture of a person that needed to haul some large tracked
piece of equipment like a D8 Cat about a 1 1/2 miles.  He decided that for
that short distance the Cat would stay on the trailer and just set the park
brake and headed down the rode.  He had to make an emergency stop, the Cat's
park brake failed and rolled up into the cab of the truck, crushing it and
killing the driver.

I think I would chain up for the weight of the load, not the weight of the
trailer.