[Farmall] Seals and Gaskets

Ed Gilliland egilliland at kc.rr.com
Fri Feb 4 18:40:04 PST 2005

You are coming through just fine here in Missouri.  I always enjoy reading emails, but don't often send them.  I do have a couple of questions that I know some of you can answer, so here goes.

What is the best way to install a new seal?  Is it OK to tap it in with a wooden block?  I am concerned about damaging them.

When replacing a gasket, do you recommend putting any type of sealer on the new gasket, or is it best to install a gasket dry?  I am thinking about fiber and cork gaskets.

Thanks for your help.  Always enjoy your comments.  I have my Dad's 1950 Farmall H,  that I am getting ready to reassemble.

Ed Gilliland

egilliland at kc.rr.com