[AJD] spark plugs

whodunnit elacruze at comcast.net
Fri Feb 4 16:48:45 PST 2005

nick_solomon at infostations.com wrote:

> ok, so why is it that I can onle get my tractor to start when I put in
> brand spanking new plugs? runs great, put it away, get ready to go next
> time, and can't get it to start, look at plugs, and they are a light gray,
> very little oil on them, clean them anyways, put em in, crank till battery
> is dead... put in fresh battery and brand new plugs, and it fires off
> within a few revolutions....... Im serious, Ill run the tractor for 3 or 4
> hours, put it away, and try even in the same day and have trouble.
> does this have to do with having weak/bad mag guts?

Possible explanation;

You don't get the plugs hot enough to burn off residue. Do you run the
tractor to full operating temperature? Are the plugs you use an
appropriate heat range?
Plugs foul worst when they are neither cold nor hot, but just warm
enough to burn off the light oils in the deposits and crystalize the
heavy deposits before they're gone.

Eric