[AJD] Lead Additive

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Feb 4 09:20:37 PST 2005

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com wrote:
In fact, we have more problems with today's
> fuel and it's additives as it tends to eat or soften fuel lines, especially in weed
> eaters.

And chain saws!!!!!  I cranked mine enough to clear cut 1/2 of the
county until I found the fuel hose problem.

My fuel always has MMO mixed in unless I forget.  It is usually mixed
right in the fuel storage tank.  I used to buy it in 15 gal drums, but
they quit packaging it that way.  Or possibly my supplier quit handling
it that way.  I have to use it in the 100LL aviation fuel to keep my
Pratt & Whitney R1340 running smooth.  2 gallons MMO in 1000 gallons of
100LL.  In the eyes of the feds, it becomes contaminated fuel.  It sure
does smooth out that old radial, though.  My John Deeres like it too.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA