[Farmall] Re: Test

RLorencz at aol.com RLorencz at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 05:00:48 PST 2005

In a message dated 04/02/2005 6:31:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
farmall-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

<< Oh, it really isn't all that bad around here. The last couple of days it
 got up above freezing, and I was able to get all the ice out of the 560
 D's fuel system and get it started. I had to bleed the sediment bowl,
 the filters, the pump, and the individual injector lines, and it seems
 fine now. Maybe I need to put more anti-gel in that I had been using...

 I guess I need to replace the batteries in both the Super M and 340 -
 even after sitting on the chargers overnight, neither one of them would
 turn over enough to fire up. The 340 never was very good, and I partly
 blame the position of the battery at the back of the tractor. I am going
 to have to check the grounds when the weather gets warmer. But the Super
 M just needs a new battery - I think it must be at least 7 years old and
 spent almost all that time just sitting, which is not good for them at
 all. There's no point in doing anything with the Super M, as it is
 blocked by the 340. :-(

Received test message here in great White North. Has been terribly cold here
with wind making it almost unbearable. Had trouble getting Farmalls to turn
over let alone start. Battery Chargers on everything. Once it warmed up to -5C,
I managed to get all the old girls running and took them for roll in the snow.
Robbie