[AT] Oiling Oak Planks (was Sawmills)

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Feb 3 10:50:13 PST 2005

Don't use any kind of a water seal -   Too slippery when surface is wet,
even if you leave it rough and not planed/milled.  I was always taught to
leave trailer wood untreated because of traction issues.  Around here we
have plenty of good.strong red oak that resists rot pretty well and holds
up to abuse and heavy loads.   It may be easy for us to say don't treat
because a good wood is available.   But I have never heard anyone say
finishing is a great idea

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!