[AT] Check the grounds, check the grounds, che...

robinson at svs.net robinson at svs.net
Thu Feb 3 10:01:21 PST 2005

	This applies to more than old tractors and trucks.   :-)   One of my daughters dropped
off an older computer she had gotten from her employer after the mother board of theirs
got fried by lightning (and they were no where near Ricky's place). The older computer
from work "ran when parked"   :-)   but wouldn't work at their home. When I opened it up
the first thing I spotted was that someone had pulled a couple of cards out of it and had
somehow damaged one edge of the IDE to HDD cable cutting the #1 wire. I have a batch of
those laying around so that was a 5 minute fix but it still would not boot properly. It
was funny that it would boot laying on its side but not sitting up. I got to looking and
someone had removed the two screws that held the panel that the mother board is attached
to and it was able to move around a little bit. I replaced those screws making a good
ground and it boots up fine now.
Check the grounds...
Check the grounds...
Check the grounds...   ;-)

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England, Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net