[AT] Oiling Oak Planks (was Sawmills)

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 3 09:46:08 PST 2005

I've mixed 1/2 used motor oil and 1/2 diesel fuel. Mixes well and will
spray with a garden sprayer. Very easy to apply. It will be slick when
wet so you need to be careful. My lumber was lumber yard 2x10's so if
you have rough cut it may not be as bad.

Brad

On Feb 3, 2005, at 11:35 AM, JAHaze at aol.com wrote:

> I thought you post was interesting.  I recently put a new white oak 2"
> thick deck on my tractor hauling trailer.  I was considering using
> Thompsons water seal on it, would I be better off using used oil
> instead?
>
> What have others done?
>
> Enjoy, Joe

Brad Gunnells                         |                    #
University of Iowa                    |                    ||
Information Technology Services       |       I_    ___ at ___||_____
Campus Services/ITC Technical Support |   |__ I  \ |Allis Chalmers|
Iowa City IA 52242                    |   ___\___  \ \          WC|
(319)335-5524   FAX (319)335-5505     |   * * *___|__\__________   -|
mailto:brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu        |  *     *----------------\___|
                                       | *   @   *                oo
Interested in almost anything         |  *     *                o  o
besides work!  ;^)                    |   * * *                  oo

     Web Space:  http://www.southslope.net/~gunnells/