[AT] John Deere Carb.

Louis Spiegelberg louis at kellnet.com
Wed Feb 2 13:41:00 PST 2005

I use the brazing tip on my torch.  Adjust to low heat.  Heat all the brass
screws till you see a green flame.  Remove heat as soon as the green flame.
Let the screws cool, and then they should turn out very easily.  Once you
get the screws out heat the stem red hot.  Let it cool.  Use the appropriate
size tap and make some threads in the bottom side of the nozzle.  I use a
long screw to fit the threads.  I put a nut and a few washers on the screw.
Thread the screw into the nozzle, then tighten the nut down on the washers
(the washers should be resting on the stem). The nozzle should come out
then.

Lou