Timing light problem (was Re: [AT] Antique tractor tool advice needed

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 2 10:13:31 PST 2005

I am going to make a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) that there are
capacitors that may have dried out over time or there is a loose
connection and/or cold solder joint on the circuit board (if there is
one). Have you tried the light on another car/truck/tractor to see if
has the same problem? It could be that the Oliver just isn't coming up
with enough juice. Can you borrow another light to see if it does any
better on the Oliver?

Also, on some of my old lights, there is an arrow pointing towards the
spark plug, indicating how the pickup should be aligned on the high
tension wires. You could have been attaching is "backwards".

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are
in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of
life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life - the sick,
the needy and the handicapped. -Hubert Horatio Humphrey, US Vice
President (1911-1978)

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.