[Steam-engine] Last Piece of IR Compressor Moved!

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 1 17:49:05 PST 2005

I finally moved the last piece of our Ingersoll Rand type 10 Imperial steam driven compressor from Cleveland to Youngstown today.  It was the crankshaft and flywheel on our dual axle trailer.

I thought it was going to be trouble, a big round thing that wants to roll, but I must have tied it down good as it didn't budge an inch the whole trip. On the way up to Cleveland this morning I passed a pickup on its side and was delayed by a bad accident on 480, I'm just glad it wasn't my pickup on its side!!!

So now the compressor is completely moved to our restoration shop and will be reassembled and restored there, to eventually be moved to the Tod Engine Heritage Park for display.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine