[AJD] Physics 101

nick_solomon at infostations.com nick_solomon at infostations.com
Tue Feb 1 13:40:42 PST 2005

My gal put her car in a ditch a few weeks back at 10 at night and was
going to have to be back to work at 8 in the morning, so I went to crank
up my '47 model b, and I don't think I could have started it for all the
money in the world. it was -23f actual air temp. to be honest, my other
car wouldent even start the next morning and it had been plugged in to all
night as well... I guess that once it gets past a certain point some
engines won't run? I don't know.... being from Ca this Minnesota weather
is really eye opening.....

can any body give me any tips for extreme cold (-20F or colder) operation
of engines? aside from the obvious of using a nice thin oil?
Nick Solomon