[AJD] RE:/ now Verizon troubles

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Dec 31 15:45:29 PST 2005

Dean,
 Do you have a cell carrier that you can get a signal from all the time
even if it is weak and unusable when that weak? If yes and you want to
use a cell there is a neat cell repeater unit available. I have one here
that has an external yagi antenna (which alone gives me a solid signal
year around.) That antenna feeds into a bi-directional signal amp and
feeds two omnidirectional antennas (one mounted outside on the mast for
the other antenna and the other mounted inside the house. I now have a
signal equivalent to standing next to the tower all the time. As an
added bonus the unit also gives our fire dept a solid signal for the
ambulance and people traveling through get a signal (user limit is set
by the cell tower receiving the signal from me) It was not real cheap
but the FD kicked in some money as did a couple neighbors. I have a
spare unit in case there is a problem but even with it shut down the
signal is still pretty good thanks to the yagi antenna.

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

I use the yagi, one dome unit  and the RV/Trucker for the external
antenna.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York