[AT] Northern Tool Sale - Left Hand drills

Bill Bear Hood mmman at netscape.com
Sat Dec 31 16:35:49 PST 2005

Charlie
I might have to disagree with your assessment.  When we farmed in W Texas, I had 3 P elec service at two different farms.  And we were 70 miles from any town over the size of 300 to 1000 good folks.  The hog farm was 5 miles by air to the nearest neighbor.  At the hog farm, we used 3P for the feed mill and augers on all the tanks as well as the  big portable augers for the feed bins and tanks.  When we sold this farm operation and moved 6 miles away, I had 3P closer to the barn and where I built my house than single phase.  One of the reasons for this was that in W Texas the oil patch has 3P running everywhere for pump jacks.   I can not get it now and have phase converters built at both shops.  I sure used it when it was available.
Bear

Live every day of your life like a three year old.  Get down in the dirt with it, roll in it and smile a lot.  Bear