[Farmall] Cubs 'n such

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sat Dec 24 13:42:31 PST 2005

I had forgotten about your visit here.  It was on one of your multiple trips
to the A/C plant in Tyler.  I went back and looked at some dates.  I met
Dale at RPR, first time it was in TN in '96.  I am sure my first time for
Portland, IN was the next year as part of a loop that included RPR in
Oakley, MI about 2 weeks prior.  The year of the ATIS boxes was '98 and I
was present that year as well, which must be the time you and I were both
there. By the way, Dean still has some pictures of the '97 and '98 shows and
some of the traveling boxes on his web site
(http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/portland98_atis.html).

As I recall, I was somehow mixed in the loop on you hooking up with Jim
Thomson.  I've forgotten the details but I think something came up and I
suggested you should talk to Jim at Fireball Heat Treating.  It turned out
you were familiar with the company and Jim's father through work but didn't
know the tractor connection with Jim.  I also met Jim on that New England
trip.

I should also mention hooking up with some of the tractor guys in North
Carolina in '00.  I tried to connect with John Hall, Al Jones and Travis
Register.  We missed Al because he had a school conflict but hooked up with
Travis and made a run out to John's place to see some of his goodies.

If I remember this correctly, it was only a few weeks earlier when a bunch
of us got together at RPR in Sandwich, IL.  From that, I remember Mike
Schmudlach supplying us all with home-grown burgers and Roberto attending
from Uruguay.  Although some of us had been meeting at earlier RPRs, I think
this was the first time we really had a good sized group together.  I also
remember a lot of rain.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net