[Farmall] Terrorist Win ?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 13:45:11 PST 2005

As some of you may know, I decided that a fine  fellow in my area should have the McCormick Deering 10-20, as he has  the time, skills, and the determination to put it to rights.  He  intends to call for it this coming Wednesday (weather permitting) and  indicated that he would keep something of a restoration diary as the  work progresses.
 I would loved to have kept it and resurrected it,  but that just was not in the cards.  This solution is much better  all around, especially for the M/D.  At least the fellow is not  too far away, so I can visit it from time to time.  I truly want  to see it chug around once again.
 As to colors, it is "brown",  indeed.  However, it is not (a leporsy type of) rust but, rather,  a surface oxidation of the original dark gray and red paint.   There are still hints of red on the rear steel wheels.  I am of  the opinion that it will, pretty much, remain in that condition  (appearance, that is to say).  It could certainly be painted up,  but I think it will be put into top notch shape.  The entirety of  the sheet metal (even the ventilated side engine shrouds) is present  and solid.  I am anxious to see it running.
  Still, however, have the H-'n-M that is seeking a home.
  Merry Christmas to each of you.
  ]JM

John Hall <jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote:  Come to think of it, somebody asked my four year old what color my Titan
was. He promptly answered "Brown". He was hanging out at the shop with me
one day and was painting with watercolors. He stopped painting his picture
and asked me if he could paint the tractor instead. I told him no since he
didn't have enough paint!

 As a matter of fact being brown is a requirement for me to even consider
buying a tractor. Genereally speaking they get cheaper with less paint on
them!!!!

John