[AJD] A2275R Front Wheel Spacers

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Dec 23 00:16:10 PST 2005

Chris:

As far as I know these were used to separate the front tires further. I
don't think they were required any more when reversible wheels became
available. I can think of one application for these based on my farm
experience in the 40's and 50's. During corn picking time, using mounted
corn pickers, we had trouble with the front tricycle wheels plugging up with
mud. The Roll-O-Matic made this problem even worse. Mud scrappers between
the front wheels were an alternate solution but as I recall they weren't the
total solution.

Normally one didn't do field work when the fields were this wet but when it
came time to pick corn, the wet weather didn't stop us. We had to get the
corn out before the weather got even worse and caused us to not get the
harvest in. Once it snowed and the snow stayed we were done. In fact we
prayed for a heavy frost and cold weather so we didn't have to deal with
this mud problem. I'm sure there were other applications such as a tricycle
tractor used as a loader tractor in wet and muddy cattle yards. Etc, Etc.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com