[Farmall] setting clearance valves on 706 D

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Dec 22 14:44:15 PST 2005

I don't my manual here in the house, Roberto, so I can't help you with
the valve clearances. But the firing order *should* be 1,5,3,6,2,4. That
is typical for six cylinder engines.

Mike

Roberto Rivero wrote:
> Next week end i will be in the farm and would like to set the clearrance of
> valves to the 706 Diesel (the engine is not the german one  but the
> american  one) with one engine of four cilinders with firing order 1342 i
> have not problem but this one with six cilinders i donot know the firing
> order, so after having the cil Nº1 on TDC i donot know how to go on, and i
> donot know the measure of the clearance too.  i have the manual of the
> engine but is in the farm now so i will see that when i arrive there.
>  Thanks in advance for your help ( the inj. pump is a Roosa master for if
> that help).
>
>          good tractoring and thanks  again
> --
> Ing. Civil Roberto Rivero
> Montevideo Uruguay South Am.
> 00598 99620035

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have
too little. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)