[AJD] Sad report

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 07:40:03 PST 2005

Dennis,

         Very sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your tribute to your dads memory sounds really touching and thoughtful.  You and your family will be in my thoughts..

  Ken Jones

Cotton Family <dcotton at coosahs.net> wrote:
  I lost my dad yesterday to a stroke.. He had cancer (only found out about it
3 months ago) which caused a blood disorder that caused the blood to thicken
like syrup in January.. I have spent the last 2 days getting a hay wagon
ready to take his casket from the chapel to the cemetery.. Tractor is all
washed up and shined up.. Even broke out a bit of wax, nice that the paint
is fresh as it shines.. Sad part was we were talking the other day in the
hospital about the rollamatic lock that I just got off ebay and he was
looking forward to seeing it.. It came today.. Its going to be a cold day
here in Alabama on Wednesday, but his cherry coffin will look right at home
on the wagon.. The hay wagon was the very first piece that we restored
together years ago.. The yellow on the wheels has faded some, but its been
stored outside waiting for this duty I guess.. Never would have guessed
that its first real duty was to carry my dad to his final resting spot..
Should look real nice.. It has green carpet down, with hay bales up front.
2 pine runners for the coffin to slide on. And on the back rack, a giant
grapevine wreath with black bows.

He loved John Deere's... His first one he ever seen was a mighty W power
plant his Granddad had that ran a Mill.. When we saw one when we started
collecting and restoring, he remarked that dang thing musta shrunk as it was
a big as a house in his memory.. (He was 5 or 7 at the time)..

I guess I will get a W in the future to remember him by and to pull belt
duty on the Meadows Stone Grist mill he bought a couple years ago.. Would
be fitting..

Dennis Cotton