was:Re: [AT] Christmas Trees and Ships Plank Project now Liberty Ships

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Dec 6 12:21:03 PST 2005

Driving by that creek now it's hard to believe those big ships could have
fit in there.  The low banks of the creek would make you think that the
water is pretty shallow.  I always wondered if that creek was dredged in
order to put those ships in there or if it is naturally that deep.  It was
quite a sight for me too.  Heck where I grew up a Cadillac was quite a
sight!  The only advantage I might have had over you David is that I started
seeing the boats when I was just a little fellow so by the time I got old
enough to ponder them I was used to seeing them there.  At the time that
road was 2 lanes with NO road shoulder.  If you got off by more than 18" you
were in the ditch or the marsh.  The traffic was terrible though there so I
got to look them over pretty well as my daddy crept through in his '53
Chevy.

Charlie