[AT] Union Labor

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Dec 4 16:59:58 PST 2005

Louis:

I don't want to pick a fight, but I just wonder how many people in the US
refuse to eat American farm products because there sure were a lot of us
under the age of 9 who helped produce it. And I suspect they still are.

I have traveled extensively in the Far East, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc
and visited many of their factories. Let me assure you those were not slave
shops.  They had some of the best work conditions and wages in that area.
And the workers were very grateful they could get that kind of work.

We must be careful how we judge other countries and their work situations.
Many times it takes the whole family working to provide enough to survive.
Sounds like an American farm doesn't it. That wasn't caused by us and our
buying habits.  In fact the living standard there is improving because of
our hunger for low cost products.  Sure we have lost a lot of American jobs
due to Far Eastern cheap labor. But do you think we could make enough money
to buy the products we need if those low cost products were not available?

There are two sides to this issue. Neither one is very attractive.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

Forbidden fruits create many jams!

www.deerelegacy.com