[AT] Cracked diesel block opinion question and welding cast iron

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 11:00:31 PST 2005

Carl all the Diesels I have run or owned won't  start on a cold day without
some sort of help. the white smoke is normal for  that. A cold starter after
turning a lot is a good thing.
The crack  sounds like its in the water jacket I would think that the best
way would be to  get the peg system and fix it. Don't have someone do it for you
they charge $100  an inch.  The peg system will do the job without any damage
to the rest of  the block and it very easy to do. Just drill and pound.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460