[AT] 350 crawler engine stuck

charles bridges bridgescharles at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 3 07:27:17 PST 2005

Well, I will add my 2 cents to this.
I doubt the injection pump would seize the engine that tight, especially
from just being run without fuel in it.

Worked on a ford one time that had been on fire and got hot enough that when
the injection pump was taken apart the housing was warped so bad it could
not be put back together.  It seemed to turn over freely before the pump was
removed.

I would check all the bolts in the bell housing.  Make sure that a long bolt
has not been put in a hole that a short one should be in. Had that happen
one time.  A friend wanted me to look at a MF 65 he had just put an engine
in.  It wouldn't turn over after putting it in.  Only thing wrong was he had
put a long bolt in a short hole and it had gone all the way to the flywheel
and tightened up against it.  Had the engine locked down.

Charles