[AT] Check out Harbor freights sale on 8000lb winches

Terry Welch ksw001 at pensys.com
Thu Dec 1 16:42:52 PST 2005

I am not commenting on the quality of the product from Harbor Freight. But here
is something I can tell you about China Iron, a lot of it was scrap from here in
the US. That because of the high scrap price a year ago the scrap dealers here
were selling it as fast as they could over there. The club I belong to was
buying some narrow gage railroad switchs for our railroad. Most everything we
did not buy at a high price was loaded in a ship and headed for China. The same
was true with the Buckeye steam engine we got. most all the other engines were
broke up and loaded on ships for China. The price was high and some one was
making a killing on it. So maybe some of it is coming back in not so well built
equipment.
Terry