[AT] 3Ph, etc.

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Dec 31 18:31:45 PST 2005

Ted,

That's pretty much the way it is here.  It's available but you have to
convince the power company (read pay them) to hook you up.

Bear,

We don't have an oil patch here so unless there is we are in the line
between a sub station and an industrial facility, big grain mill, or some
place else that has high horsepower motors you aren't likely to get 3ph.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically available anywhere if there are
two primaries and a neutral on the pole and you can get the power company to
put in the right transformer but for some reason they are stingy with it
here.   I'm not an electrician so I might be way off base there.

Charlie