[AT] 3Ph, etc.

TCHARPE at aol.com TCHARPE at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 17:29:42 PST 2005

        I asked the power company about installing 3Ph and it available just
500 ft down
        the street.   They wanted $3700 to run the line to my house.   The
poles were
        already in place...they would just need to run the lines and change
the transformer.
        Also the cost for power would nearly double.  Told them to forget it
!!

       I installed a static converter for my lathe and Bridgeport mill and
they run fine.
       Tried to get Bridgeport Co to install a single phase motor but they
wouldn't even
       consider it at that time.   Maybe they have changed their thinking by
now.

       Ted Harper

       By the time you decide to look for greener pastures,
       you're too old to jump the fence.