[atis] Re: [AT] OT: wheel packer question

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 09:36:59 PST 2005

Stuart,
   I think I know now what you are up against and how to fix it.  Look at the
bellows on an old gear shift shaft. It allows the rubber to move  around
without leaking. What you need it a similar type of gasket that will  expand
collapse as it moves. I should hook to the top and the bottom  piece separately and
have about a 1/2 in. fold in it. Now how do we do this I  would look into
using an old inner tube for the material and cut it to fit.  I think that you are
correct the present gasket is a home made  affair. the hard part will be the
corners. maybe someone could vulcanize them  for you.  You will need to make
small straps of steel to hold it in place

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460